Family Services Programs
Kids First's dedicated Family Services team provides a range of free, community-based programs for families who are experiencing challenges. Please note our services are for families located in Melbourne's north east in these local government areas: Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik, Whittlesea and Yarra. For a list of contacts outside of our area, please see the Department of Health and Human Services directory.
Family Services can offer:
- Counselling and support to assist in resolving family problems
- Social support for parents and children
- Supported Playgroups to foster and promote positive parent-child interaction, and improve parent/caregiver play skills and connection with their children
- Information and advice about child development and links to children’s services including kindergartens, child care and playgroups
- Individual and group-based support, education and skills development to help parents and carers raise happy, healthy kids
- Assistance for parents getting help from other services such as housing, Centrelink, disability services, adult health services and child health services
- Support and assistance to families to address the causes and harms of child abuse/neglect
- Information and links to other community groups and services as needed. Appointments can be in your own home, our offices at Heidelberg or Thomastown, or another agreed place.
- Our qualified and experienced staff work with families to identify their needs and develop goals to address those needs.
To find out how you can get a referral into one of these groups or for further information on other ways Family Services can help you please contact us on 9450 0900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.